This year, we’ve decided to shake up the traditional road route and embark on a truly unique & memorable MTB adventure.
The route is undulating and there will be ample back up and support. The scenery is simply breath-taking as we traverse private farms and reserves. The route whilst challenging in some parts, is very ‘rideable’ for those worried about technical terrain.
This is not a race but a charity tour, limited to 24 local riders and 24 International riders
Each rider will need to raise a donation of R2500,00 towards these charities:
– Care 4 Wild Rhino sanctuary
– Sables Creatures animal welfare
– St Luke’s Home for the mentally & physically challenged
– FORA: friends of rescued animals
– Thembalami Care Centre
Exclusive & scenic MTB route through private land and reserves of Southern Mpumalanga and Northern KZN
2. All route logistics including route development, route marking, baggage handling, nutrition points (hydration/lunch/snacks), vehicle back up/sweep vehicle (Option to get into the vehicle if you have had enough for the day )
3. Medics will accompany us
4. 6 nights/5 days accommodation DBB. Limited bar bill per evening (when limit reached – cash bar)
5. Houseboat booze cruise on Jozini Dam at finish
6. Boma braai at finish
7. A few other surprises
8. Travel arrangements from OR Tambo to Amersfoort and onward from Jozini to King Shaka
stage 1 Amersfoort – Luneburg 90km/1685m ascent
stage 2 Luneburg – Bivane 75km/750m ascent
stage 3 Bivane -Mkuze 107km/2000m ascent
Stage 4 Mkuze -Jozini 70km/850m ascent
Overseas visitors :
We have a hotel and transport package from OR Tambo Southern Sun to Amersfoort and then back to King Shaka Intl and a nights stay back at OR Tambo Southern Sun
Please see the details on www.pedalafrica.com
Standard Entry Fee :
If you get yourself to the start and arrange your own way back from the finish
Should you require assistance in getting to the start and at the finish, Pedal Africa can assist please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for options. There will be a bus and trailer leaving from Johannesburg and a bus returning to Johannesburg at the end.
The past 5 events have been a great success with long lasting friendships established.
As this is limited to a total of 48 riders, please contact us as soon as possible to book your spot, please invite your overseas friends to come and experience our wonderful country.