The 2018 edition of the Waterberg MTB event will see some significant changes:
- A new start/finish venue at ATKV Klein Kariba.
- A total revamp of some of the stages in an attempt to optimise road conditions.
- Direction change from counter-clockwise to clockwise to allow ascending Bakker’s passes.
- The total riding distance has been shortened somewhat, with a significant increase in climbing.
- King/Queen of the mountain up Bakker’s Pass. The fastest rider up the pass, not first rider, who still completes the event. This will only be for solo, and 2-rider teams; no relay teams.
- Race categories will include: Solo, 2-rider teams (covering the entire distance together), 2-rider relay teams, and 4-rider relay teams.
- Significant reduction in entry fees.