Come join in the MTB Orienteering fun at Northern Farm on the 28th of September 2014 for the third race of the Gauteng MTB Orienteering calendar.
What’s MTB Orienteering?
More commonly referred to as MTBO – is a discipline of orienteering. Instead of running around on foot, competitors riding mountain bikes use a map to navigate from point-to-point. Routes must be navigated along trails and tracks as riders are not permitted to leave the track network.
- Northern Farm just off the R114
- GPS: S 25º 56’ 27” E 27º 59’ 67”
- For full directions click here.
- Sunday 28 September 2014
- Registration 08h30 to 09h30
- “Time-trial” style starts at 2 minute intervals from 09h00 to 10h00
- Course close and Prize giving at around 12h00
Course/Routes on Offer
- Long – approximately 20 km, winning time about 60-70 minutes
- Medium – approximately 12 km, winning time about 40-50 minutes
- Short – approximately 6 km, winning time about 30-40 minutes
- EMIT (Electronic timing specific to orienteering) will be used for all events
- Navigate by supplied map and your own compass, no GPS allowed though.
- This is the bushveld, be prepared for thorns.
- NO HELMET, NO RIDE.
- Snacks and drinks will be on sale at the venue
Tickets to enter Northern Farm (R30) can be purchased online at WebTickets (recommended) or at the farm – the guard at the gate will direct you to the ticket office.
Please enter online on the Orienteering Online website by clicking here. Or enter on the day at registration. (All payments can be made on race day at registration.)
Newcomers are most welcome – instruction will be provided, so you don’t need to know much about MTBO before the race, but if you’d like more information please visit the Orienteering South Africa website’s MTBO page by clicking here, or like Mountain Bike Orienteering South Africa on Facebook to stay up-to-date on all the events.
- Sarah Pope 084 640 7110